Welcome to the monochrome hell that I call my website. My name is
I was born on a Thor's day during autumn of 199* in western Hungary. I speak in 3 languages (Hungarian/magyar, English, toki pona), write in several genres, develop programs, and apparently I have a website too. *yaaaay*
tl;dr Far below you can see my other contact info and links to other sites.
I'd love to say that "From a young age I was creating stories and wrote shorts...", but sadly i cannot. Due to the efforts of various individuals, I wasn't seriously interested in literature for ~14 years, when I began to experiment with writing. It took years until I dared publish my work under my own name.
I began with poems and raps soon after. They were bad, as one would expect. Then I continued with short stories (or novellas), more rap, song lyrics, rap in toki pona, ..., and finally spoken word poetry (a.k.a. slam poems). If I could draw (or knew someone who could and would work with me), I would try writing comic books as well.
I performed some/several (depending on when you read it) poem on poetry slams.
Besides writings, I developed another interest in conlangs (contructed languages) and programming.
Long winded rambling removed.
Finally here is an unordered, non-exhaustive list of people and works that inspire(d) me:
- George Watsky,
- Frigyes Karinthy,
- Quentin Tarantino,
- Edgar Wright,
- Dan Bull,
- The Stupendium,
Dave from Boyinaband,
- Bo Burnham,
- Ludwig van Beethoven,
- Ben Levin,
- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire (and related works),
- J.R.R. Tolkien (both as a writer and as a linguist),
- H. P. Lovecraft,
- Doubles Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,
- Monthy Python,
- Die Antwoord,
- István Örkény's One Minute Stories,
- Watchmen and other Alan Moore comics,
- Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None,
- Harry Potter series,
- Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim (comic book and movie adaptation),
- Firefly, Serenity (and related Josh Whedon works),
- Dragon Age series (video game and additional works),
- Mass Effect series (video game),
- Sonja Lang (linguist),
- Erich von Däniken (long story, believe me),
- tiboru's Konteó blog (Hungarian website about conspirational theories).
Noms et Noms de plume1
- Zoli (irl)
- jan Sotan (toki pona)
- jan ala
- aesch (and variants)
- ae-dschorsaanjo (on Github and other sites)
- ae_dschorsaanjo (where dashes aren't allowed in the name)
- Ae. Dschorsaanjo (and variants, incl. A. Giorsanio)
As a general rule, Zotn will be used for my main creative output (think of it as a "one man band"), while Ae. Dschorsaanjo will be used for background and non-creative work and to refer to my person (meaning it's my "general use" alias, the name I'll put on sheet music, or use on github and reddit).
In toki pona circles, I'll keep using jan Sotan (since that's my
Regardless of the above, I shall always be "Zoli" to friends (which is the common nickname of "Zoltán", in case you are
an uneducated schweins not Hungarian).
My other works and collections may be found on the following sites:
Website: zotn.hu, dschorsaanjo.hu (legacy)
Soundcloud: Zotn (jan Sotan)
mailto: business mail
toki pona archive: here (don't forget the README!)
Original headers (used one, concept, even older one)
Original picture on the side (when it used to have a light background)
no text available
No, I don't speak French. ↩︎
< Blog | English >